Captain Cosmos Collectibles has been in the business of selling toys, collectibles and other pop culture memorabilia since 1991. Over the years it has existed in many incarnations. At the moment you can find Captain Cosmos inside of Atomic Age Artifacts: Antique & Collectible Mall located in Central Florida. I also set up at numerous toy shows throughout the year.

This blog covers a wide umbrella subjects generally related to the world of selling toys; from comics, movies, and science fiction, to art, a bit of politics, and my own meandering opinions.

I own both Captain Cosmos Collectible, and Atomic Age Artifacts. Atomic Age is a brick and mortar Antique & Collectible Mall located at 104 E. Wonders St. Wildwood, Florida. For an antique mall, it's on the small end of the spectrum, with only enough space currently for about 20 vendors. Though there are very few limitations for the individual vendors, the overall focus of the store is Mid Century and Pop Culture.

Captain Cosmos is a booth within Atomic Age, and focuses almost exclusively on toys.

As for myself, beyond all of that, I am an artist. I have a BFA in art, and have worked in the medical prosthetics industry. When I have time for my own art it is generally very sci-fi in nature. I have, on occasion, been published. Look hard enough and you might find a short story, and several collectible articles with my name on them. I've also been interviewed for several newspaper articles over the years, most of which have focused on some aspect of pop culture. I have been a toy collector since 1982, and a collectibles dealer since 1991. I have attended dozens (possibly 100's by now) of pop culture conventions, and visited 100's of comic shops across the country. In short, I speak geek.

Friday, July 19, 2013

Captain Cosmos update

To say the least, I've been busy.

In the last few months Captain Cosmos Collectibles has opened a 2nd location, set up at several comic and toy shows, and gotten a "real job." So time and effort has not been put into the Blog portion of the budding Captain Cosmos Collectibles Empire.

All is not lost however. The blog is still here, I'm still here, there's plenty more to write about, and plenty more to come. Today I'm just checking in, but soon perhaps I'll start blogging in full force once again.

In the mean time here are photo's of the new booth at the Wildwood Antique Mall in Wildwood Florida.

 
Some the show's I've recently done.
 


Ocala Comic Con


The Florida Vintage Travel Collectibles Show

 
And August 4th, 2013 I'll be in Jacksonville Florida for Retr-O-Rama Pop Culture Collectibles Show.


No comments:

Post a Comment